Who doesn’t like chicken nuggets? Well, here’s a great recipe to use even when you’re on gluten-free diet! Today’s recipe comes from about.com.
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 c gluten-free all purpose flour mix (use your favorite mix)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp gluten-free Italian herb seasoning blend OR gluten-free garlic powder
- 1 large egg and 1 tablespoon olive oil, whisked together
- 1 c crushed gluten-free rice chex cereal
- 1/2 c freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 c olive oil for pan-frying
- 1/4 c canola oil for pan-frying
- Place chicken breast between 2 sheets of waxed paper and pound with a smooth meat mallet until about breasts are 1/4-inch thick. Rpt. with each breast.
- Use a sharp knife to cut pounded breasts in 2-inch strips. Cut each strip into 2×2-inch nuggets.
- Have ready 3 8-inch shallow baking dishes. In the first dish, combine gluten-free all purpose flour, salt, pepper and seasonings.
- In 2nd dish, combine egg and olive oil. Whisk to thoroughly combine.
- In third dish, combine crushed gluten-free rice chex cereal and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Coat each chicken strip in flour mixture, then dip in egg olive oil mixture & last, evenly coat with rice chex crumb Parmesan cheese mixture.
- Place the nuggets on a large baking sheet lined w/parchment paper.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes before frying.
- In a large heavy skillet, heat olive oil and canola oil mixture over medium high heat.
- Add coated chicken nuggets and cook until golden~4 minutes, then turn each piece and cook second side.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
Yields: 6 servings